Terms and Conditions – Official Proteas Supporters’ Club win the cricket experience of a lifetime competition
These rules apply to the Official Proteas Supporters’ Club win the cricket experience of a lifetime competition (“the Competition”). The Competition is being run by the Official Proteas Supporters’ Club (OPSC) and Cricket South Africa (NPC), with company registration number 2002/002641/08 (together “the Promoters“). Please contact us on email@example.com on week days during office hours (09h00-17h00) if you do not understand any part of these rules or if you have any questions about the Competition. By entering the Competition, you confirm that you have read and agree to be legally bound to these rules.
1. Competition period
The Competition runs from Monday 8 April 2019 at 12:00 until Sunday 26 May 2019 at 23:59.
2. Who may enter this competition/who is eligible
- The Competition is open to permanent South African residents over the age of 18.
- Individuals who have a valid South African passport and are able to travel between Thursday 4 July 2019 and Monday 8 July 2019.
- The Competition is not open to directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of the Promoters, or any person directly or indirectly who controls or is controlled by the Promoters, or any supplier of goods or services in connection with the Competition.
- The Competition is also not open to the partner, business associate, parent, child or sibling of any persons mentioned above.
3. How to enter
To qualify for entry into the Competition, fans must either join, upgrade or stay a valid Gold OPSC member, and must be an active, paying Gold member at the time of the draw.
To enter into the draw:
- Existing OPSC Gold members must complete the entry form on the OPSC website between the start and end dates and times of the Competition (as specified above).
- Existing Silver/Green members must upgrade their membership to Gold during the Competition period (as specified above).
- Non-OPSC members need to sign up as a Gold member during the Competition period (as specified above).
All information provided in the entry must be accurate, up-to-date and completed by the close of the Competition. Any entries received after the Competition closes will not be considered (regardless of the reason for late entry).
During the competition Gold members can gain additional entries through various challenges which will be communicated via email. Please note that these challenges will have their own set of terms and conditions.
4. Prize details
One of two all-expenses paid, once-in-a-lifetime trips for two (winner plus friend/partner/family member) to England to watch the Proteas take on Australia. More specifically, the prize includes:
- Return domestic flights from your local airport to Cape Town International Airport or O.R. Tambo International Airport (if required).
- Return economy Virgin Atlantic flights for two from Cape Town International Airport or O.R. Tambo International Airport to Heathrow Airport in London.
- Transport to and from Heathrow Airport.
- Four nights at a hotel in Manchester on a sharing basis.
- Two tickets to the South Africa vs. Australia match on July 6th 2019 at the Old Trafford Cricket Ground.
- Transport to and from the match.
- An allowance of R10 000 per couple.
- New Balance gear.
Please note: The winners need to make their own way to their closest domestic airport on the day of the departure, and make arrangements to get home from this airport upon return. While assistance will be provided, and fees will be reimbursed, the winner and their chosen partner are responsible for applying for, and obtaining a UK visa before the date of departure.
5. Winner selection
Two existing Gold OPSC members will be drawn at random by an independent third party through an auditor-approved process. The winners will be contacted by the Promoters on 29 May 2019 and undergo a vetting process, confirming they have valid passports and are fit and able to travel between Thursday 4 July 2019 and Monday 8 July 2019, and match the other criteria as stipulated in the Competition terms and conditions, following which they will need to successfully submit a completed release form, via online submission or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, within 24 hours of being contacted; failing which the prize will be forfeited and backup candidates will be contacted.
6. Winner announcement and notification
The Competition winners will be informed telephonically on 29 May 2019.
- If we are unable to contact/reach the winner within a working day, the winner will forfeit the prize and we reserve the right to re-draw a new winner under the same conditions.
- Once informed, the winner will have 24 hours to accept the prize.
- The winners will be publicly announced on 30 May 2019.
Note: The itinerary will be sent to the winners via e-mail and any further details will be discussed over the phone so the bookings can be finalised.
7. Winner and winner’s friend/partner/family member
The winner and the person the winner chooses (the friend/partner/family member) to take along on the trip:
- must be a South African resident;
- must be in possession of South African passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of departure and have 3 clean pages (for purposes of the UK visa that is required);
- must be able to travel between Thursday 4 July 2019 and Monday 8 July 2019;
- must be over 18 years of age; and
- must be fit for travel – additional travel assistance will not be provided.
8. Additional prize conditions
- The prize is not redeemable for cash or credit.
- The prize (and the elements thereof) are not transferrable.
- All travel on flights is subject to the carrier’s general conditions of carriage for passengers and baggage and the notice and conditions of contract contained on each ticket or itinerary. It is the responsibility of the winner to ensure compliance with these.
- The complimentary prize ticket seat allocation at the South Africa vs. Australia game on July 6th is final.
- The pre-determined travel dates, airline(s), travel times, accommodation and all other prize elements are final.
- Any costs or expenses that incur outside of the elements included in the prize are for the winners own account.
- Prize organiser recommends that all passengers obtain travel and medical insurance prior to commencing any flight.
- Cricket South Africa and OPSC are not responsible for any harm, loss, damage or claim relating to the provision of any element of a prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
- All participants and the winners indemnify the organisers and the sponsors, and their associated and subsidiary companies, and their directors, officers and employees, against any and all claims for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever from their participation in any way howsoever in this competition.
- The winner will accept and use the prizes at own risk.
- The organiser and the sponsors and their agents shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using the prize/s.
- The terms and conditions and the rules of this Competition shall be governed by South African Law and the courts of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- If the winner, or the friend/partner/family member they have chosen to join them, fails to comply with any of the terms and conditions, they will be automatically disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. The winner will have to pay for any loss or damage incurred to us (directly or indirectly) as a result of their or their friend/partner/family member’s non-compliance.
- The judges’ decision on any matter concerning the Competition and/or the terms and conditions is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- We reserve the right to alter rules or prizes at our own discretion. Such altered rules and prizes shall become effective immediately after being altered or on such date as may be determined by us. No entrant shall have any recourse against the Promoters as a result of the alterations of the rules or prizes.
- If the winners fail to comply with any of these terms and conditions or the terms of acceptance of the prizes, or if they refuse to sign the Promoters winners declaration or the Promoters winners prize acceptance form, this will be construed as a rejection of the prize and then, without prejudice to any other remedy which the Promoters may have, the winner will be automatically disqualified and will forfeit the prize.
11. Use of information
By entering the Competition, the winner has given their written consent and we have the right to publish the winner’s name and photographs (at no fee) in any advertising, promotional, print, point-of-sale or public relations material for a period of 12 months from the date of the announcement of the prize winner, which consent may be revoked by the entrant at any time.
We also have the right to publish all messages submitted by entrants as part of their entry into the Competition (including that of the prize winner) in media forms decided on by us.